Saturday, September 06, 2008

Old School Wrestling

Please understand - the last time I watched wrestling with any regularity, Andre the Giant was on most weeks.

I haven't been mildly curious about wrestling since WCW merged with WWE.

But this TNA on SPIKE is the BOMB! You have GOT to watch this!

Girls! Fights in the parking lot and locker room! Double-crosses! And the heels are all totally old school: they're either foreigners, pretty boys (or girls), or caricatures of "rednecks." That is really old school wrestling stuff. (And yes, I know stereotypes are bad, but it was always part of the wrestling world, at least when I started watching in the 80s). It's amazing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vince Liaguno said...

You lost me at "girls."

;-)

8:08 AM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

True, girls were never part of old school wrestling.

Oh, wait, that's probably not what you meant...

8:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know if you happened to catch Impact on Thursday, but it was something to behold. There was a rather vicious woman's match between Awesome Kong and Roxxi somethingorother, and by match's end Roxxi (who is bald and beautiful, might I add) took a mean chairshot and was bleeding like a stuck pig. But she hung in there, a real trooper that one. Even took a couple of powerbombs and everything. I think you have to admire that kind of commitment.

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead