Monday, December 29, 2008

Kissability - Part II

I had a very enjoyable dream last night, entirely about kissing. No sex of an explicit kind in it. Instead, a woman I once knew (with whom things ended badly) came up to me and started kissing me, right in public. Not little pecks, but really wet, passionate kisses. And what made it funny as well as exciting was that in the dream, I had the normal reaction of real life, rather than the sometimes fantastical or unbelievable reactions of a dreamscape: I kept saying "No! What? Huh? Not here, with all these people all around!"

So I say again, what's exciting and interesting about sexuality is not the physical sensations. In the case of this dream, one thing that is crucial is the experience of being wanted by someone else so badly that s/he is willing to be embarrassed and exposed in public, because s/he loves and desires you so much that s/he doesn't care.That's a feeling I remember vividly from falling in love, and it's intoxicating to me, even in memory.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is exactly why romance and erotica is so popular. Both are tales of people falling for each other over and over, tales which focus on the tension and not the outcome (because we all know how it will end). Erotica adds in the sexuality, and every single successful erotic books I've read captures that feeling of insatiability and need. Of having someone, but never being able to get enough.

Failed erotica acts like laundry list of positions, orifices and acts as the whole of the sensuality. This is why it fails. There's no anticipation and no real desire.

2:50 AM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

hey, a Penthouse Forum letter is what it is, and I'm pretty sure I could write a toe-curling one, but it's kind of paint by numbers, as you say.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead