Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Fake Memoir

Another one busted!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/31/books/31opra.html?_r=1&th&emc=th

But to any editors at huge publishing houses reading my humble blog: that's NOT a problem with my Dante book. Sure, the preface claims this is what really happened, but Dante lived like "way back in the day" (as my students put it). My books is whatchamacallit - "historical fiction." Yeah, like The DaVinci Code. Yeah - think DaVinci Code when you're reading my manuscript! And think lots of zeroes on the check!

Well, anyway, Happy New Year, all of you who didn't fake memoirs in 2008.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd contact Oprah, she doesn't seem to have any inhibitions on whether something is true or not :P

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead