Sunday, August 31, 2008

Finnish Symphonic Power Metal and Slush Update

Nightwish: It wasn't quite as Wagnerian/apocalyptic as the Metal I'm used to. Perhaps more "showy" - I kept thinking of Lord of the Dance, or the music in the Lord of the Rings movies, or the Norway ride at Epcot. And with all the synthesizer, I could only think of Styx.

But they do have some catchy songs, I have to say, and at 120 decibels in a packed theater that looked as though it had been through the zombie apocalypse was the right place to hear them.

Slush: Hitting me like Gustav. Read before I went to the concert and again this morning, and steadily losing ground:

149 TBR
17 maybe
75 rejections

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead