Thursday, August 28, 2008

Simoniacs and 63k

Hit 63,000 words today! Starting to feel like it's almost done and I just have to tidy up some loosed ends, though I guess I have to come up with some big finale. (If you know the Inferno, you know their meeting with Satan is hardly the most memorable or dramatic scene in the poem, but it'd be hard for a modern audience to come to the end without some sense of climax.)

Constructed the scene of the simoniacs today. They came out a little more comical than I intended (but then my sense of humor is notoriously morbid and dark), and the burning feet look a little gratuitous. (Perhaps I could look on the bright side - I've woven in a lot of other bizarre details from Inferno w/o them looking gratuitous!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carry on! BTW, I'll be referring my World Lit. students to your blog when we start on Inferno in a few weeks...

10:38 PM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

Bring it! You're still the coolest, with all your Buffy scholarship, but I'm doing okay, with my zombie/Dante hybrid!

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead