Friday, June 18, 2010

Brutal As Hell!

Finally, I have a review of VALLEY OF THE DEAD for my wall of shame! Here it is over at the website BRUTAL AS HELL.

And, despite the website's name, it doesn't accuse my story of not being brutal enough. It's a thoughtful review, very well written, even deferential, before the reviewer brings out her criticisms, which interestingly have to do mostly with the book's relation to the original.

So, the wall grows! And now I don't have to keep looking for one for VALLEY!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yowch ... well, Doc, for what it's worth, I enjoyed both the original AND your rendition!

I've got to wonder what that reviewer made of the recent abominable video game, though!

9:46 AM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

Well, if "fidelity to the original" is the criterion, I'd have to put my work ahead of the video game, with crusader Dante in disturbing S&M outfit wielding bone scythe!

9:49 AM  
Blogger SheReads said...

Darling K-Paff, I'd really like to see what all of the hub-bub is about. Jacob was supposed to send me a copy of your first book, for a contest from chat a long time ago and got mixed up and sent me a different book that wasn't even a Permuted title. I was disappointed to say the least. Do ya think you can help a girl out?

7:17 PM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

Robin - shoot me an email please! kimpaffenroth at msn dot com.
I'll hook you right up don't worry

4:50 PM  
Blogger SheReads said...

reading materials will come in handy, I'll be hospitalized one last time (hopefully) in mid July. Thanks my firend! HUGS.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead