Monday, February 25, 2008

Report from Texas Frightmare

Robert Taylor sent me this report from last weekend's Texas Frightmare:

"I would like to thank you for your book Gospel of the Living Dead. This Saturday I took the book to a film festival in hopes of getting Romero to sign it. When I made it through the line Mr. Romero seemed amazed to see the book. He said that he had heard of it and was very impressed that it was published by a university press. He thumbed through it and asked if it was in bookstores still I, really think he wanted his assistant to run next door to the mall and pick up a copy! I told him I got it from Amazon. He nodded pulled out a sheet of paper and copied down all the information from the title page. Your name, title, and publisher info. He was really cool and thanked me for, turning him on to the book. Everyone in line got a kick out of listening to our brief theological discussion about zombies and what not."

I've always hoped Romero would see it. We had sent an ARC to his agent at some point in the publishing process, but nothing had ever come of it. Perhaps now we'll hear something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead