Saturday, February 23, 2008

Upcoming Appearances are now WORLD TOUR

I think I have all the dates right now, and I have added the UK appearance (yes, it will be on zombies!).

LunaCon(Rye, New York) - March 14-15
International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts (Orlando, FL) - March 19-23
World Horror Convention (Salt Lake City, UT) - March 27-30
Religion and Literature Forum (Syracuse, NY) - April 4-5
EerieCon (Niagara Falls, NY) - April 18-20
The Grail (Cornwall, NY) - May 10
Mo*Con (Indianapolis, IN) - June 13-15
Fangoria Weekend (Secaucus, NJ) - June 20-22
Conference: Millenialism in the Contemporary World (Liverpool, UK) - July 7-9
NeCon (Bristol, RI) - July 17-20
St. John's College Homecoming (Annapolis, MD) - September 26-28
ZombieFest2008 (Monroeville, PA) - October 25-26 (CORRECTED DATE!!)
Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Religion (Chicago, IL) - November 1-3

3 Comments:

Blogger John Hornor said...

I've got a question for you. Do the convention organizers pay for your travel? Treat you like a king? Meals, dancing girls, dog and pony shows?

I'm just curious as to the perks of being a world-famous author and hope this isn't too personal.

10:56 AM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

That all depends on the "level" of the person attending. The short answer is that for me, I don't have to pay the regular conference fee to get in, but that's about it in "support" from the con. Obviously, more famous people, who will actually draw paying customers to the con, will get much more.

That being said, one can scrounge for support. My publisher has paid for one con, and for the academic cons like AAR or IAFA, I can get my college to pay for all or part of the travel.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this your sabbatical tour? Go you! I see you have a free weekend June 5-8. Come down to Hendersonville, Arkansas and join the vampire people (actually, we also talk about demons, comic books, and space-cowboys now) at the Slayage Conference on the Whedonverse.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead