Thursday, October 04, 2007

Resident Evil: Extinction

Think Road Warrior meets Day of the Dead, with one scene from The Birds. And all of it is just a big setup for a "boss fight," since this is a just an over-inflated video-game sequence.

Now, mind you, there are worse ways to spend 95 minutes than watching the fetching Ms. Jovovich (one of the most stunning and unusual looking women I've ever seen - her lips and eyes are truly mesmerizing), clad in a duster and knee high boots, dispatching zombies with twin kukri knives. But really, the tiniest spark of originality wouldn't have been asking too much, would it? And maybe the tiniest little bit of development of the secondary characters, so we might care when they get their throats torn out? No? Too much to ask? I don't get it. It's like everyone in Hollywood just colors by numbers.

Oh, and the trailers were a wonderful study in contrasts: I've seen the Hitman trailer several times now, and I can't imagine how anyone could make so many explosions and so much shooting look so darned boring. I've seen the Iron Man trailer a couple times now too, and I don't think it's just the music (sure, it helps), but that is a couple minutes of film that has me ready to pony up for the film, no questions asked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead