Friday, March 13, 2009

If You Doubt the Marketability of Zombies...

Consider this.

I can spend months on a really nice, complex story. Lots of human drama. Hurt feelings. Pathos. Love. Death. The meaning of life. Things that matter to people.

It's gonna be hard to sell. I think I will eventually, and even sell it well, but it'll take some convincing and some work and lots of rewrites and more sweat.

I can scribble a zombie idea on the back of a cocktail napkin and be told the check's in the mail.

Kid. You. Not.

Well, at least I got my niche, and it's secure. Now I just have to work a bit to reach out of it to other places. That's not such a bad position to be in.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The difference is Kim, your zombie stories always have a certain amount of intelligence injected in them. That's not to speak ill of others who write zombie novels, but your books like your posts always speak of an underlying intelligence, something not found in much of what's out there today.

1:30 AM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

I'm flattered, but the funny thing is, Kim's intelligence, when applied to other subjects, has yielded lackluster results. But when applied to the shambling hordes - instant success!!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead