Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two New Yorkers Down in Flames

And it couldn't happen to a nicer pair from the Empire State (not that she really is, I know).

From Maureen Dowd's column today about America's Mayor:

"Nearby, Norman Korowitz, 66, a snowbird, retired guidance counselor and Billary fan from Suffolk County, called Rudy “an optical illusion.” “He’s Bernie Kerik’s partner,” he said. “And family values? He makes Bill Clinton look like a young upstart.”

And an emailed joke making the rounds about the other New Yorker who should soon be out of the race:

"Dear Abby: My husband is a liar and a cheat. He has cheated on me from the beginning, and, when I confront him, he denies everything. What's worse, everyone knows that he cheats on me. It is so humiliating. Also, since he lost his job six years ago, he hasn't even looked for a new one. All he does all day is smoke cigars, cruise around and shoot the breeze with his buddies while I have to work to pay the bills. Since our daughter went away to college he doesn't even pretend to like me. What should I do? Signed: Clueless

"Dear Clueless: Grow up and dump him. Good grief, woman. You don't need him anymore! You're a United States Senator from New York running for President of the United States. Act like one!"

Whatever happens in this election, the two least likable people in it seem to be spiraling out of the picture. Days like this one *almost* has hope for the Democratic process.

Should I put a Barack sticker on my car? I'm always afraid those things will never come off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead