Saturday, January 13, 2007

Why the 90s sucked, Why there's hope for the future

It has long been a mystery to me. We had a democratic president, the economy was chugging along, we weren't at war. But why, as I look back, was my life incomplete, unsuccessful, without meaning, during those years? Why, when I think of fond memories, do I think of the 80s, or the very early or very late 90s, say, 90-91, or 98-2000? What was the horrible black hole of the mid-90s? I finally got it this morning.

Consider:

From 1993-2000, George A. Romero made no movies. No zombies. No eviscerations, no snarling jugular bites, no garish red brains splattering against white walls.

From 1991-97, JUDAS PRIEST did nothing. Not a peep. Then they came roaring back with new front man Tim "The Ripper" Owens in 97, then Halford was back at the helm in 2003.

It's all so clear now. So - Ronnie, W., Henry K., Newt, terrorists, global warming, smarmy little academic biter wannabes who try to drag me down - do your worst. I got my zombies and my metal. And you? You got another thing comin'.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I know why the 90s sucked for me, and it had nothing to do with any of those things. HOWEVER--things started looking up in 1997 with the TV debut of a little show called Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

7:20 AM  
Blogger KPaffenroth said...

Obviously a confluence of massive, cosmic proportions - Judas Priest, Romero, BtVS.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Masken





Triumph of The Walking Dead